These are a few pictures from the little celebration Carol organized for my birthday. It was the end of a crazy week. The day before the part was my actual birthday and I had to call in sick to attend to a brother in our ward who shattered his leg while we were playing basketball at church (practicing for the stake tourney). It was a cool, rainy day and I got to literally cancel everything I had that day (ie, track practice, BTSA, etc) to spend time with the boys and their beautiful mother. The next day I got to school and the ASB kids had left me cards, balloons, letters, a cake and a huge banner signed by some of the students. I think the word leaked out through a student I had last year. Needless to say, they were disappointed I didn't show up to school that day. It's better though, I would have been so embarrassed getting that kind of childish attention from high schoolers. Just kidding, I am so blessed to have totally awesome students. Anyway, we had a few couples over from our ward including the bishop and his wife and once we put everybody's kids to bed, the party...continued. We had delicious food prepared by Carol and my Mom (Pip & Desirae already have plans to make up for that one), entertainment (karaoke & the NBA slam dunk contest played simultaneously on the big screen), dancing, & pictionary (boys won)... it was just like old (college) times. Everybody finally left at about 2am. Pops stayed the latest from our family. I think he enjoyed watching the ladies dance and do their thing to some Shakira song (yes, we have video footage of my parents & Desirae singing some Beatles songs and Pops getting involved as well). It had been a while since we had had that much fun and been up that late (without rocking a baby to sleep). Man, one of these days I will actually organize a reunion for my college buddies around conference time. I was supposed to do it last year, and I know it won't happen this year... I keep you updated on that... Don't lose faith!
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Three Zero
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Que lindos!
Post a Comment